Submitting an Exhibit Proposal
The Mission of Bower Center for the Arts is to provide cultural and educational programs and events to the local and surrounding communities. To that end, exhibitions of art are at the heart of that goal. The Center schedules a variety of exhibits that include: judged; invitational; thematic; those selected through proposal submissions, and an annual national juried exhibition.
Artists (individual or groups) interested in submitting proposals are asked to follow the guidelines:
- Artist’s resume, relevant biographical information, and complete contact information
- Artist statement
- Exhibit/Proposal Description
- Electronic portfolio: up to 30 images - (include an add’l 2-3 views if 3-D work - counts as 1 for purposes of number of art works)
- File specifications: 1800 pixels longest dimension, JPG format, on CD
- File name is to include: Last name, first initial, title
- Include a file (.DOC or .PDF) that lists all works: title, medium, size, year created, artist name/address/contact information
- Include SASE if return of CD is required
- OR you may provide a link to an line portfolio or website
- Group exhibits should be described in a single proposal
Exhibits with no fees: Art work sales are subject to a 30% commission to Bower Center.
All proposals are evaluated quarterly by the exhibit committee, after which the artist(s) will be notified of the decision.
Proposals should be in by Mar 31, June 30, Sept 30 and Dec 31 in order to be evaluated at the most immediate quarterly exhibit committee meeting. We plan 1-2 years or more ahead.